In Pakistan, the PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) has implemented a SIM information system that allows individuals to check the total number of SIM cards registered under their name.
The system was first introduced in 2009 to keep track of the number of SIM cards registered against an individual user. The service is available for all Pakistani telecom network customers such as Jazz, Warid, Ufone, Telenor, and Zong Sims.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to check your SIM registration status:
- Via SMS: To check your SIMs information via SMS, follow these steps:
- Open the right message option box from your phone.
- Type your CNIC number without dashes.
- Send the SMS to the USSD code 668.
- Soon, you will receive an SMS including inactive SIMs information that are still registered on your CNIC.
- Via the official website: If you don’t have a phone or have internet access, then you can check SIM data by visiting the official PTA website.
Follow the step-by-step procedure given below:
- Open a web browser and type “cnic.sims.pk”.
- Enter your CNIC number in the CNIC number field.
- If you are foreigners, then select the Foreign ID tab and fill the field.
- Click on the verify checkbox to make sure you are not a robot.
- Now hit the submit button, and you will see the complete details with active SIMS against your name.
PTA law allows a maximum of five SIM card connections in your name, which can be purchased from one network or different networks.
However, the data SIM limitation is separate, and you can have a maximum of three data or internet SIMs in your name.
Whenever you buy a new SIM or get a duplicate SIM card, you should go through the Biometric Verification System (BVS), which collaborates with NADRA to ensure the safety of mobile SIM and avoid manipulation.
FAQs About PTA 668 SIM Information System
Can I check the SIM registration status of someone else’s CNIC?
No, you can only check the SIM registration status against your own CNIC.
Is the PTA SIM information system available for all Pakistani telecom network customers?
Yes, the PTA SIM information system is available for all Pakistani telecom network customers such as Jazz, Warid, Ufone, Telenor, and Zong Sims.
How many data SIMs can I have in my name?
According to PTA law, you can have a maximum of three data or internet SIMs in your name.