- Megan Thee Stallion addresses Tory Lanez shooting in Elle essay
- Rapper explains how incident impacted her mental health
- Megan wants to change the narrative and focus on her music career
Megan Thee Stallion has opened up for the first and final time about the shooting incident involving Tory Lanez, which took place in the Hollywood Hills in 2020.
In an essay for Elle magazine, the rapper spoke about how she saw herself as a survivor rather than a victim, and addressed the impact of the incident on her mental health.
Here are the main points covered in Megan’s essay:
- Megan felt drained and depressed after the incident, and even considered quitting music because of it.
- She was hurt by the false narratives that were being spread about the incident, including conspiracy theories that she was never shot and rumors that her former best friend was responsible.
- Megan decided to write the essay to heal herself and put an end to any speculation about the incident in the press.
She wants to change the narrative and be known for more than just her trauma.