Pakistan’s Foreign Minister, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, stated on Friday that the country will seek a written response from India in reaction to the India missile launch into Pakistan.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi stated that India will be held accountable for its carelessness and that otherwise, Pakistan will reveal its strategy in the next few days.
The foreign minister encouraged the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to refrain from remaining mute in the face of India’s egregious irresponsibility, warning that if the disaster strikes a populous area, it could result in the loss of countless lives.
“India is becoming a risk to global peace. Was the attempt of an Indian submarine to sneak into Pakistani waters also a mistake? They are providing financial resources to the terrorists in Balochistan.”
In the case that India does not respond, we will not keep silent. Shah Mahmood Qureshi stated that “if the international community maintains silent on this matter, it will send a strong message to the Pakistani people.”
FM Qureshi stated that Pakistan’s armed forces are watchful, responsible, and committed to maintaining peace. He went on to say that the professionalism of the air force had been witnessed throughout the country and that Pakistanis were glad to have such brave and fearless soldiers on their side.
According to Qureshi, the statement was made in response to a statement from New Delhi’s defense ministry, which acknowledged that India’s military had accidentally fired a missile into Pakistan and described the incident as “very unfortunate.”
“In the course of a routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile” on Wednesday that landed in “an area of Pakistan”, it said in a report, adding that a high-level inquiry had been ordered.
On Thursday night, Pakistan military spokesman Major-General Babar Iftikhar stated that a “high-speed flying object” had been detected inside Indian territory by the Pakistani air force’s air defense operations center. It is important to note that this was the first time Pakistani military spokesman Babar Iftikhar had made such a statement.
At the news conference, a PAF officer stated that the object was being forensically examined and that preliminary studies indicated that it was a surface-to-surface supersonic missile, but that it was unarmed.
He said it flew at a Mach 3, at a height of 40,000 feet, and for a distance of 124 kilometers (77 miles) over Pakistani territory before coming down.
In addition, the foreign office stated in a statement that it called India’s charge d’affaires in Islamabad on Friday to express its displeasure with the unprovoked violation of Pakistani airspace.
The foreign office demanded that an investigation be launched into the event, which it claimed had the potential to threaten passenger planes as well as civilian lives.
“India should be conscious of the unpleasant implications of such negligence and take effective measures to prevent the recurrence of similar violations in the future,” Pakistan said in a statement issued after the incident.