Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood announced on Tuesday that face-to-face tuition fees for up to grade 8 in areas with high levels of COVID-19 positivity would be suspended until April 28.
The Federal Minister of Education notified the media after an important meeting at the National Command and Operations Center (NCOC), where the Ministry of Education and Health took note of the pandemic situation in the country.
“The training institute will gradually continue grades 9 to 12 starting April 19 with strict SOPs, including in affected areas, in order to complete the course,” he said.
He said the provincial government would decide to close schools whose situation had deteriorated. However, he made it clear that all on-board exams, including Cambridge, will take place on a schedule previously announced by the relevant authorities.
Shafqat Mehmood said they asked universities to extend their entrance test dates while colleges in affected areas would continue their online courses.
“A meeting will be held on April 28 to reconsider the situation and see if primary school classes are postponed pending assistance or can be resumed,” he said.