Friday, March 31, 2023

 Lahore current situation : 3 cops martyred in TLP protests

Officials in Lahore stated three police officers were martyred and several others were injured in clashes with members of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP).

Mazhar Hussain, the spokesperson for the Lahore DIG (Operation), identified two of the murdered employees as Ayub and Khalid in a statement published by the DIG (Operation) in Lahore. The identity of the third official has not yet been confirmed, but three police officers were martyred in the incident, according to a statement released by the provincial chief minister.

A large number of other persons were injured and taken to the hospital, where they are currently in critical condition, according to the official report. “Protesters also threw petrol bombs at law enforcement police,” he continued, noting that officers sought to deter them from vandalising and damage public property by using pepper spray to deter them from doing so.

According to him, “the enraged throng also used sticks and hurled stones,” and officials maintained their composure in the face of the riotous demonstration.

The Lahore Police Department’s Arif Rana confirmed to Reuters that tear gas was used when members of the TLP attacked a police checkpoint outside the capital.

It was his allegation that they had gotten into battles with the police in a number of various sites all around the city, and that they had lost. “They had promised us that they would remain peaceful, but they turned violent,” he said in an interview with Reuters.

In a statement, Saddam Bukhari, the TLP’s media coordinator, said that the police had attacked the peaceful rally, which was on its way to Islamabad at the time.

One of the spokespeople for the banned organisation said that staffers near the Mao College Pul had been subjected to “the greatest shelling in history” and that they had been “attacked from all sides” in a second statement. When I arrived to Azadi Chowk late Friday night, the protestors were preparing to hold a sit-in for the rest of the night. The commanders of the organisation have announced that they want to leave for Islamabad as soon as the sun comes up in the morning.

In the words of the speaker, at least 500 workers were seriously injured, and some people died as a result of the tragedy.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest news
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x