The Queen was pictured behind the wheel of a car at Windsor Castle on Monday, according to reports in the British media, assuaging concerns about her health after she declined to attend the COP26 meeting in the United Kingdom on doctors’ recommendation.
She was seen alone in a green Jaguar estate, which she uses to transport her corgis, according to The Sun tabloid, which printed the story under the headline: “One is OK.”
She withdrew from the United Nations climate summit in Glasgow, where world leaders were meeting on Monday, following a rare public disclosure of health issues by the Queen.
Buckingham Palace confirmed in late October that she had spent the night at a private hospital in London for unannounced “preliminary examinations” and that she had been there since the previous day.
The Queen returned to formal duties as soon as possible and held several audiences via video connection.
According to Buckingham Palace, Queen then cancelled out of a planned appearance at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow on Monday evening after receiving “advised to rest.”
Her resting period will be “at least” another two weeks, according to the Palace.
The Queen of England will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee next year, marking 70 years on the throne as the country’s longest-reigning monarch.
Until she was admitted to the hospital earlier this month, she had been attending official events virtually on a daily basis.
She has recently been spotted walking with a cane and has apparently decided to give up horseback riding altogether.
- Heartbreaking Loss: Tragedy Strikes as Meera Antony, Daughter of Music Icon Vijay Antony, Passes Away
- Beep Pakistan App: Your Secure Alternative to WhatsApp by Pakistan Government
- Maggie Sajak’s pink dinner outfit dazzles amid Vanna White replacement rumours
- Barbie sequel planned after record-breaking film: Report
- The late-night departure of Shakira and Drake stokes the flames of their emotional bond