The ability for websites to send you notifications is almost unnecessary, and your web browsers should not be asking you if you’d like to disable them. If you’ve never found a use for these, I’d like to show you how to solve it once and for all, regardless of which browser you’re currently using.
- Settings can be accessed by selecting it from the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Choose Site Settings from the drop-down menu under “Privacy and security.” If you prefer, you can enter the word ‘notifications’ in the search box on this page, which will return results.
- Look for Notifications under ‘Permissions’ and choose it from the drop-down menu.
- Select Don’t allow sites to send notifications from the Default behaviour drop-down menu.
- Pick Settings from the drop-down menu that appears near the upper right-hand corner of the browser.
- Select Notifications from the Site Settings drop-down menu.
- Set the toggle to the “off” position on the next screen.
- Settings can accessed by selecting it from the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the browser window.
- In the left-hand navigation bar, select Cookies and site permissions.
- Look for the Notifications part under ‘Site permissions’ > ‘All permissions,’ and then click on that section. You may also search for notifications by typing ‘notifications’ into the ‘Search settings’ query box on the Settings page.
- Toggle the ‘Ask before transmitting (recommended)’ switch to the off position.
- Settings can accessed by clicking on the three lines (hamburger) button located near the upper right corner of the browser and selecting it.
- In the left-hand navigation bar, select Privacy & Security. Moreover on that screen, find the section titled ‘Notifications’ and click the Settings… button next to it to customize your notifications.
- In the pop-up window that displays, choose the checkbox labelled ‘Block new requests requesting permission to send notifications’. To confirm this, click on the Save Changes button.
That’s all there is to it. When using a browser that isn’t on this list, you should be able to find the option to turn off notifications by simply looking for it in the Settings menu of your browser.